Your Morphy Richards Steam Generator Iron has a lot of uses in your household. The steam option is very helpful in loosening up very difficult wrinkles in your clothes that cannot be done by a normal iron. The Morphy Richards Steam Generator Iron can also be used to clean surfaces like sofas and even remove carpet stains. With your Morphy Richards Steam Generator Iron there aren’t many things that can go wrong, so it is best to try and troubleshoot any issue it may have before you decide to buy a new one for your household.
1. Water Tank. You should always make sure that there is still plenty of water inside you Morphy Richards Steam Generator Iron’s water tank before you proceed. Fill it all the way to the “max” line to be sure you have enough.
2. Heating Time. You should allow the iron to sit for a while (give it at least an hour) for it to have time for the water to heat up. If you notice that the problem is that it takes an extremely long time to develop steam, then it is probably an issue with the electrical heating mechanism. In this case, do not try and fix the problem you self, you should contact a professional repair center or buy a new Morphy Richards Steam Generator Iron.
3. Plug. If your Morphy Richards Steam Generator Iron won’t turn on at all, try playing with the plug. Oftentimes, it is a bad connection or a cord problem that is the culprit in the case. If in case the cord requires repair, contact and electrician and do not attempt to fix it yourself. If the cord problem is bad and requires a lot of repairs, it is advisable to just buy a new Morphy Richards Steam Generator Iron.
4. Steam Button. Press the steam button once the iron warms up in order to see if the steam will work. If it doesn’t work, there is probably an issue with the steam release mechanism. The main cause of this problem could be a blockage from mineral deposits that form over time due to the use of hard water in.
5. Temperature problem. Check the casing of the steam iron and monitor its temperature. If it is extremely hot to the touch, unplug it at once. This could be an indication that the steam heat is not being released from the iron properly and could once again be related to mineral deposits in your Morphy Richards Steam Generator Iron.